Moving and travelling with your children

When you share parenting time, parental responsibilities, or guardianship of your child with another person, your parenting arrangements will often restrict whether you can move away or travel with your child.

Or, if you're your child's only parent or guardian, you might need to certain documents to prove that you're allowed to take the child outside of Canada.

Can you move — With or without your children?

There are rules you have to follow if you're planning on moving somewhere that would affect your child's other parent's ability to spend time with them.

Do you need any legal documents to leave Canada with your children?

If you're your child's only parent or if you're travelling without their other parent, you might need documents to prove that you're allowed to take them out of the country.