Native courtworker family/youth advocates help Aboriginal families as they go through the family court process. Family/youth advocates:
- Make sure you understand the family court process
- Make sure you and your family are heard during the process
- Help you access community resources and services that can help you
- Make sure you know about the rights and needs of Aboriginal children
- Help you access alternative dispute resolutions, such as mediation
A family/youth advocate can help you at any time during a child protection investigation or family court process.
Where can I find family/youth advocates?